University of Tennessee
Pride Center Student Assistant Application
The Pride Center is seeking undergraduate students who are eligible for federal work-study to serve as Student Assistants for the fall and spring semesters. Student Assistants will gain experience in customer service, assist in event planning, represent the Pride Center, and be responsibility for both short- and long-term projects with supervision and guidance from the Liaison of the Pride Center. To apply, please complete this form. If you have any additional questions, please e-mail Bonnie Johnson, Pride Center Coordinator, at email@example.com.
MISSION OF THE PRIDE CENTER
The Pride Center works to provide support, resources, and a community space for UTK’s diverse lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, intersex, and asexual (LGBTQQIA) and ally students, faculty, and staff, with programs and events that raise awareness, increase visibility, and advocate for equal treatment of LGBTQQIA individuals.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
• General Operations: Serve as front desk staff and perform clerical duties associated with daily operations including: answering phones, making copies, scanning documents, greeting guests, etc.
• Social Media: Update and maintain the Pride Center Facebook and Twitter accounts.
• Publications: Assist in the composition and editing of the Pride Center publications as well as maintaining of records of these publications.
• Technology: Update and maintain information on the Pride Center website. Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite (including Word, Excel, Publisher, etc.) required and Word Press preferred. Maintenance and analysis of data relating to office assessments.
• Projects: Assist office members in projects/assistance for which they ask. These activities can include, but are not limited to: performing research, running errands, creating reports/presentations, and brainstorming sessions
• Other: Responsible for planning and executing office events (open houses, birthday celebrations, etc.), representing the Pride Center at events and programs, and attending bi-weekly staff meetings.
• Candidates should be enrolled as an undergraduate student at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
• Candidates should exhibit excellent writing, speaking, and customer service skills.
• Candidates should possess strong Microsoft Office and computer skills.
• Candidates should be an enrolled UT undergraduate student at least half time (6 hours).
• Candidates should maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher.
• Candidates should have Federal Work Study (check at One Stop or firstname.lastname@example.org).
• Candidates should plan to work an average of 12-15 hours per week.
• Candidates should be self-motivated, dependable, and mature.
• Candidates should have enthusiasm for the mission of the Pride Center.
• Candidates should be able to take initiative and work independently with little supervision.
• Candidates should be team-oriented and work well with others.
• Candidates should be educated on and have a commitment to issues related to LGBTQQIA, social justice, intersectionality, diversity, inclusion, and allyship.
• Candidates should be able to interact with people of varying backgrounds and identities.
• Candidates should be able to respect confidentiality and the privacy of others.
• Candidates should demonstrate a commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
They, Them, Theirs
She, Her, Hers
Ze, Zir, Zirs
He, Him, His
Ze, Hir, Hirs
Do you qualify for Federal Work Study?
Why are you interested in serving as a Pride Center Student Assistant?
What are your strengths that you would bring to this position?
What are some areas you need to grow in and how could this position help you develop those?
What are 3-5 words that describe the Pride Center?
What is your availability to work in the Pride Center? Please include only times when you are available to serve in the role of Student Assistant and do not include times you are not.
Are there any additional information or things you would like to add?
(Optional) Resume Upload
Do Not Fill This Out